By the end of this quarter, you should be able to apply the learned concepts to the following:
• Develop, test and debug programs in Unix.
• Improve the performance of programs by tuning virtual memory usage, and file io.
• Design and construct device drivers for Unix.
• Design and build newer file systems for any OS.
During the course we will discuss topics from the following areas:
• Operating system structures
• Operating system Interfaces
• Process management and scheduling
• Interprocess communication
• File systems
• Memory management
College of Engineering and Computer Science