Item Identifier Number
MS-152: Dayton-Wright Airplane Company Photographs
The photographic image shows a De Havilland DH-4 with military weapons at the Dayton-Wright Airplane Company South Field, circa 1918. The DH-4 has twin Marlin guns attached by the front cockpit. The aircraft has a Scarff ring attached and is painted in a military paint scheme. In the background other buildings are visible and another DH-4 is being worked on by Dayton-Wright employees near a hangar marked D-0.
Special Collections and Archives; Wright State University Libraries
Digital Services Department; Wright State University Libraries
8x10 Glass plate negative
Special Collections and Archives provides reprints or digital copies of our materials for a fee. For further information please visit their website or call (937) 775-2092.
Epson Expression 10000 XL
ms152_147; De Havilland DH-4; Experimental Station Dayton-Wright Airplane Company; Airplane factories; Military weapons; World War, 1914-1918; Aircraft industry--Employees; Male aircraft industry employees; Aircraft industry; South Field Dayton-Wright Airplane Company; Hangars