Item Identifier Number
MS-152: Dayton-Wright Airplane Company Photographs
The photograph shows twin Lewis guns mounted on the Scarff ring of a De Havilland DH-4 at a Dayton-Wright Airplane Company factory, circa 1918. Inside the second cockpit extra cases of ammunition for the Lewis guns is stacked on a shelf. The electrical wiring and control box used to heat the clothes and guns of the person in that cockpit is visible. A navigation light is seen behind the cockpit. A small enclosed area separates the De Havilland DH-4 from the employees of the Dayton-Wright Airplane Company working in the background. A United States flag hangs from the rafters and the post near the enclosed area is marked with 86. The negative is labeled 100.
Special Collections and Archives; Wright State University Libraries
Digital Services Department; Wright State University Libraries
8x10 Glass plate negative
Special Collections and Archives provides reprints or digital copies of our materials for a fee. For further information please visit their website or call (937) 775-2092.
Epson Expression 10000 XL
ms152_120; Aircraft industry--Employees; Military weapons; De Havilland DH-4; Electric power; Aircraft industry; Airplane factories; Women aircraft industry employees; Flags--United States; Male aircraft industry employees; World War,1914-1918