Street scene photograph showing the location of Dayton area telephone poles and telephone lines. Photograph No. 56, On Brandt Pike, at Sulphur Grove, Ohio, looking north. In addition to the telephone pole lines, the photograph shows: a rural area in Wayne Township, including a residence or perhaps general store with a "Sulphur Grove" sign over the porch, as well as a gasoline service station at the right. Sulphur Grove was near the intersection of Brandt Pike and Taylorsville Road.
"Photographs of Telephone Pole Lines of The Ohio Bell Telephone Company Dayton District" by E.E. Brownell (March 1923)
Special Collections and Archives; Wright State University Libraries
Special Collections and Archives provides reprints or digital copies of our materials for a fee. For further information please visit their website or call (937) 775-2092.
MS-70: Dayton Telephone Pole Line Photographs
Photographic print, black and white
Wayne (Montgomery County, Ohio : Township); Huber Heights (Ohio); Sulphur Grove (Ohio)
Fritsch, R. E., "No. 56, On Brandt Pike, at Sulphur Grove, Ohio, Looking North" (1923). Dayton Telephone Pole Line Photographs (MS-70). 56.
Brandt Pike; Sulphur Grove; Wayne (Montgomery County, Ohio : Township); Huber Heights (Ohio); Sulphur Grove (Ohio); Streets--Ohio--Huber Heights; Houses; Farms; Automobile Service Stations