Download Full Text (164 KB)
Poly(arylene ether)s, PAEs
• High performance engineering thermoplastic materials
• Excellent mechanical properties and thermal stability
• Resistant to hydrolysis and oxidation
• Many prepared via nucleophilic aromatic substitution (NAS)
• Electron withdrawing groups (EWG) typically in para positions
• PAEs can also be synthesized with an EWG in the meta positions, creating easily functionalized systems, with no change in the backbone
Arts and Humanities | Engineering | Life Sciences | Medicine and Health Sciences | Physical Sciences and Mathematics | Social and Behavioral Sciences
Ewing , Z. B., & Fossum , E. A. (2016). Synthesis of Functionalized PEEK Analogues via “One-Pot” Synthesis. .
Arts and Humanities Commons, Engineering Commons, Life Sciences Commons, Medicine and Health Sciences Commons, Physical Sciences and Mathematics Commons, Social and Behavioral Sciences Commons
Presented at the Seventh Annual Celebration of Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities, Dayton, OH, April 15, 2016.