This course provides an introduction to basic concepts of communication networks, different types of networks, protocols over different layers, and network applications through lectures, labs, homework, and reading on relevant materials.
• Understand networking principles, protocols, and technologies.
• Understand some design and performance issues involved in providing a network service.
• Acquire background for supporting e-commerce, e-government, and e-education.
• Gain hands-on experience with programming techniques for network protocols.
• Obtain background for original research in computer networks.
College of Engineering and Computer Science