Department Chair: John C. Duby, M.D.
- Provide medical students with an education that will enable them to attain broad knowledge of all aspects of the primary care needs of infants, children, and adolescents;
- Provide an environment and faculty for resident education that will produce physicians who can perform competently as pediatricians;
- Prepare residents in family practice, emergency medicine, and other disciplines to meet the primary care needs of children and to recognize those conditions that require referral;
- Provide continuing education of post-graduate physicians; and
- Allow for the development of research excellence and productivity in studies designed to improve health care delivery and attainment of new knowledge of disease causation and treatment.