Louis Lott (1872-1934) was a renowned Dayton architect. He studied architecture in Cologne, Germany; Munich Polytechnicum; and Ecole de Beaux Arts, Paris. He practiced architecture in Dayton, 1901-1904; New York City, 1904-1909; studied in Paris, 1909-1911; and returned to Dayton in 1911. In addition to his architecture career, he served on the Dayton City Planning Board (1914-1921) and taught at the Dayton Art Institute. He is perhaps best remembered as the "master architect" of Schantz Park neighborhood in Oakwood, where he designed no less than 16 homes.
This online digital collection includes a selection of over 200 photographs from Lott's work in Dayton and his travels in Europe, from SC-381: Louis Lott Negatives. All Dayton area photos from SC-381 are included, as well as selected photos from Greece, Italy, Germany, England, and elsewhere.
The full collection of negatives consists of approximately 632 film negatives depicting houses, buildings, churches, historic sites, and architectural details in the United States and Europe.
The Louis Lott Architecture Negatives Collection was donated to Wright State University by the Dayton Art Institute. For more information on this collection, please view the collection finding aid or visit Wright State University Special Collections and Archives.
Browse the Louis Lott Architecture Negatives (SC-381) Collections:
Louis Lott Architecture Negatives - all
Louis Lott Architecture Negatives - Europe (SC-381)