9th International Conference on Diffusion in Solids and Liquids (DSL-2013) - Madrid, Spain - June 24-28, 2013
This Special Session will cover all aspects of nano-structured carbon and oxide-based materials. Possible topics include synthesis and characterization of oxide-based and carbon-based namely, carbon nanotubes (CNTs), carbon nano-fibres, carbon nano-composite, diamond-like carbon, etc. may be presented. Metal oxide, namely ZnO, TiO2, Fe2O3, ferrites, garnets, etc for various applications like solar cell, LED , FET, sensor, antenna, catalysis, battery, lubricant, can also be presented. Modeling and simulation of the carbon- and oxide-based nano-structured materials are highly welcome.
The topics included (but not limited to) in this session are as follows:
- Synthesis, characterization and application of carbón nanotubes (CNTs) and nano-structured carbon materials.
- Synthesis, characterization and application of nano-structured oxide, composite materials and thin films.
- Modeling and simulation of carbon and oxide nano-structured materials.
- Nano-structured magnetic, optic, dielectric materials and their applications.
- Nano-structured materials for electro-chemical energy.
The following presentations were given by invited speakers.
This Special Session was organized in part by Professor Gregory Kozlowski from Wright State University.
Submissions from 2013
Heating Mechanisms of Magnetic Nanoparticles in Hyperthermia Treatment, Anna Lukawska and Gregory Kozlowski
Cluster Approach to the Electronic Properties Modeling of Nanocrystal Structures, Malgorzata Makowska-Janusik, Nathalie Herlin-Boime, Johann Boucle, and Abdel Hadi Kassiba
Photo-Electro-Magnetic or Photo-Thermo-Magneto-Electric Effects in Graphene?, Marian Nowak, Gregory Kozlowski, B. Solecka, and M. Jesionek