Updated Physical Education Standards & Evaluations 2016-Beyond
Open Education Resource (OER)
The State Board of Education originally adopted National Physical Education Standards in December 2007. Moreover Ohio-made benchmarks and indicators were added in June 2009. Recently, the standards, benchmarks, and indicators were updated to reflect changes in the national standards and feedback provided by Ohio teachers. These updated standards were adopted by the State Board of Education on July 14, 2015. Ohio’s Academic Content Standards in Physical Education are made up of five standards:
Ohio Physical Education Standards
- Standard 1: A physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
- Standard 2: A physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Standard 3: A physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Standard 4: A physically literate individual exhibits responsible, personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Standard 5: A physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
(2016). Updated Physical Education Standards & Evaluations 2016-Beyond. .